Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Christmas in the Boomers Forum...

I'm good if we all want to talk about pets,
because sometimes our pets are as good as it gets.

I'll try not to raise any topic objections,
though I'm glad we are finally past the elections.

I'm also not keen on suggestions of doom,
for potential humans, still in the womb.

We can talk about chickens, that puts me at ease,
Fiona as well, though her Mum disagrees.

But the time of the year means we should not dismiss,
our annual chat on the Winter Solstice.

"It's the day Christ was born" or "A pagan God's day",
are both true and both false, each in their own way.

It was actually Mithras who caused the festivity,
with a similar story to the well known nativity.

I suggest we ignore that and each in their way,
celebrate Christmas or whatever your day.

So to paraphrase Tim (not Gardener but Tiny),
Bless us all, every one, even neggers so whiny..

No comments: